Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Pak Sohye's Toraji Arirang Performed by Cho Hyeryŏng and the KBS Symphony Orchestra


For this blog's penultimate post, a pops rendition of one of the many versions of the "unofficial national anthem" of Korea, a country that has been my home for the past fourteen years, more than a third of my life. I offer my eternal gratitude to the Korean people for giving me a lovely wife, who has given me two lovely children, and for introducing me to Confucianism and convincing me of the truth of Catholicism.

Now, sustained by my family and these mutually reinforcing worldviews, I return to my homeland, not quite to the Village Of Orchard Park, NY, in which I was raised, but to the Village of Pittsford, some sixty miles to the East. Return here on the Feast of the Assumption (Marymass) for an announcement about the future of this blog. God bless.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

7 Comments:

Blogger elena maria vidal said...

Pittsford? Make certain to visit the Carmelite nuns there and tell them you are my friend. They are dear friends of mine, especially the Mother Prioress.

12:58 PM  
Blogger Iosue Andreas Sartorius said...

Wow! What a great contact! Thanks for the letter of introduction.

5:01 PM  
Blogger Gaius said...

how funny, I live in Rochester. Why Pittsford?

7:07 AM  
Blogger Iosue Andreas Sartorius said...

"Why Pittsford?" My Korean wife liked the neighborhood.

11:15 AM  
Blogger john sager said...

My Korean wife? You sound like our old boss - what was his name?

I moved to Hong Kong on the first day of 2010 - I miss Korea, though. I also clocked in at 14 years in Korea (rounding up two months).

Be well.

3:44 PM  
Blogger BARBARA CORTESE said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NvQC8qC_VY

8:11 PM  
Blogger BARBARA CORTESE said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NvQC8qC_VY

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Omnes Sancti et Sanctæ Coreæ, orate pro nobis.