Saturday, May 14, 2011

Thank You, Blogger

For fixing the problem — Blogger is back. The message tells us that "in the coming hours posts and comments that were temporarily removed should be restored." A couple of posts of mine were restored, some that were re-saved as drafts I have posted, but four from Friday remain unaccounted for, as do all of your comments for the past couple of days. If the missing posts do not reappear, I will reconstruct them.

"Blogger Sucks" will probably be the more common response. Over eight years, Blogger has never charged me a dime, yet given me the chance to post tens of thousands of posts, with close to a million page-views, to make dozens of online e-quaintances and to meet a few real people in the flesh, and also to make enough money to by about a dozen or so books, and that's not even mentioning how much I've gained from the innumerable blogs of others I've read over the years. Thanks, Blogger.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

I've been with Blogger for just under eight years and can say the same that you have. This is the first time anything like this has happened, so when they say they will fix it by the end of the weekend, I believe they will.

In any case, it's not the end of the world. A certain Twitter hashtag comes to mind: #FirstWorldProblems

It's a new joke tag that lets Twitter users "complain" about iPads that don't fit in the pockets of the jeans they want to wear today, nothing good to watch on any of the 1000 cable TV channels, and feeling too congested to enjoy a cold beer. Well, Blogger crashing and losing a couple of posts, edits, comments, etc. is right up there with the rest of them. (I did add my serious tweet to the humourous cacophany, but it got lost among the legitimately funny ones.)

4:42 PM  
Blogger The Western Confucian said...

"#FirstWorldProblems" indeed!

Good to know they say they will fix it by the end of the weekend; I'll wait till then to reconstruct the two or three short posts I think worth saving.

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Omnes Sancti et Sanctæ Coreæ, orate pro nobis.