Saturday, May 14, 2011

Richard Dawkins, Supporter of Christian Missions?

A Muslim blog notes that the "well known biologist and pop-atheist-guru (add goofball) recently brought up the question of whether or not atheists should support Christian missions in Africa" — Richard Dawkins: “Islam” is an “Unmitigated Evil”.

The author notes, "He believes the answer is 'still no,' (he doesn’t say why) but since Islam according to him is an 'unmitigated evil' and atheism is not going to be making any inroads into Africa anytime soon it is a question worth 'raising.'"

The author continues, "Dawkins also believes ‘supporting missions’ may be justified on the basis that ‘the enemy of our enemy is our friend.' That’s the extent of profundity provided by Dawkins! Such crass and cynical sentiments expose the bankruptcy of ideas and strategy in the leadership of the so-called New Atheists."

Amen, or in this case, amin.

Labels: , , , ,

Bookmark and Share


Blogger Enbrethiliel said...


The other blogger had me at "goofball," and if I had been drinking my coffee by the time I got to your "amin," I'd have a wet and unhappy keyboard. LOL!

4:29 PM  
OpenID kuiwon said...

Actually, I think he has some point. Protestantism has the added baggage of philosophies similar to Atheism, in my understanding (I may be wrong), and that may lead to Atheism in the distant future,

11:07 PM  
Blogger The Western Confucian said...

Enbrethiliel, "goofball" indeed.

I agree, kuiwon. I noted a certain progressivist contingency in the Dawkinsian scheme. It's also racist, suggesting that Africans are too dumb for the time being to accept atheism.

12:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Omnes Sancti et Sanctæ Coreæ, orate pro nobis.