Thursday, May 5, 2011

Canon 216 (1983)

Casa Santa Lidia reports, "Since they share the Church's mission, all Christ's faithful have the right to promote and support apostolic action, by their own initiative, undertaken according to their state and condition" — On "Catholic" blogs and bloggers. The canon continues, "No initiative, however, can lay claim to the title 'Catholic' without the consent of the competent ecclesiastical authority."

(No less radical a voice than Servant of God Dorothy Day once said, "If the Chancery ordered me to stop publishing The Catholic Worker tomorrow, I would.")

I had never read this canon before (nor, frankly, any other canon), but I intuited it when I made the change from "Katolik Shinja" to the present blog, always having been more catholic than Catholic when it comes to blogging.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share


Blogger Mark in Spokane said...

I try to inform my blogging with the Catholic faith and its social teaching, but I would never claim to present the "Catholic position" on a given issue. I'm just not theologically competent to do that. Don't read Latin, haven't completed any theological studies -- and it isn't my role, really. The bishops have the charism to be the teachers of the faith, ultimately.

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Omnes Sancti et Sanctæ Coreæ, orate pro nobis.