Saturday, January 8, 2011


"A cloud of incense is worth a thousand sermons" — #2,551 of Don Colacho’s Aphorisms.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share


Blogger Mark in Spokane said...

Made me think of how the smell of fresh baked bread reminds me of home, no matter where I am...

6:47 AM  
Blogger The Western Confucian said...

As the cloud of incense reminds us of our true home in Heaven...

10:42 AM  
Blogger love the girls said...

Incense is surprisingly effective at conveying sign.

On a similar note : To the woman walking into the abortion clinic while smoking by a very successful sidewalk councilor.

"Mom, don't kill your baby. . . Every time you smoke for the rest of your life you'll think about killing your baby."

And we can be pretty sure she will also. memories are triggered.

3:36 AM  
Blogger The Western Confucian said...

Related, my brand new parish comes to mind. It's absolutely beautiful, and I now even look forward to Mass!

The church faces east and is in the shape of the cross. We have beautiful stained-glass windows that depict the life of Christ, which I explained to my kids yesterday, and two huge ones that depict the Garden of Eden and the Final Judgement, even with visions of Hell!

It's all very European, with an altar and statues imported from Italy, but the Mass we celebrate, though Novus Ordo, uses a local setting that incorporates Korean traditional chanting.

The externals have done a lot to renew my eternal faith. I extend an open invitation to anyone reading this to come experience Mass at my parish.

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Omnes Sancti et Sanctæ Coreæ, orate pro nobis.