Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Paganism in the Catholic Home

"When they’re old enough, introduce them to paganism," offers Throne and Altar as one of ten ways to "instill the Christian faith in one’s children" — To pass on the Faith. "I don’t mean New Age BS, I mean Greek mythology, Confucian maxims, things like that," he explains. "What they find will sound much more like the gospel than like the equality-and-diversity crud they get in school. Let them know that it is the Church, not the Left, that speaks for the consensus of all mankind."

Labels: , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

5 Comments:

Blogger Hoanyeon said...

I find it true to be in my case. I was one of the few Korean children at my Korean ethnic Catholic parish taught Confucian maxims. The only other person my age from that church who attends church was also taught Confucian maxims; the rest became Americanized secular apatheists.

1:08 PM  
Blogger The Western Confucian said...

Thanks for sharing your experience, and the term "apatheists."

10:04 PM  
Blogger Hoanyeon said...

I clarify. Some of them became evangelicals, but the majority became "apatheists."

11:46 PM  
OpenID bonald said...

Thanks for linking to my post, which should be taken as a plea for better ideas from readers. May I ask if there's anything you found to work well with your children? Thank you.

8:26 AM  
Blogger The Western Confucian said...

I'm ashamed to say it, but my first thought was, "This 'bonald' fellow is far better father than I am and his daughter's not even born yet!"

All I could add would be to pray the Rosary daily, especially praying for our children during the Joyful Mysteries, all of which relate to raising a child and presenting the Faith.

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Omnes Sancti et Sanctæ Coreæ, orate pro nobis.