Friday, November 12, 2010

The Culture of Shit

"Among my peers, abortion is considered about as consequential as taking a shit," observes Gavin McInnes — Cool Culture = Death Culture. The "pro-choice" author notes some misgivings:
    I’m still not positive how I feel about abortion, but I don’t like seeing it abused, and I notice that none of the new moms I know (all pro-choice) would ever consider having one now. I recently asked a friend who had three kids barely two years apart what she would do if she got pregnant again. “Probably lie on the floor and cry for three days,” she said. After seeing what babies look like when they come out, she would never consider aborting again. This is life after cool. It doesn’t have ripped jeans and sunglasses on, but it’s alive.


Bookmark and Share


OpenID danightman said...

Sounds like "cool" culture has become the cult of the psychopath.

God help us all.

9:21 AM  
Blogger setnaffa said...

When did "cool" become a synonym for narcissist?

9:57 AM  
Blogger Pints in NYC said...

Ask Christopher Lasch: his book "Culture of Narcissism" is great.

1:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Omnes Sancti et Sanctæ Coreæ, orate pro nobis.