Friday, September 3, 2010

Patrick J. Buchanan on the Founding of The American Conservative

"Six months before the invasion of Iraq, Taki Theodoracopulos, Scott McConnell and this writer launched a new magazine, The American Conservative," he writes; "Goal: Convince our countrymen that invading Iraq would be imperial folly" — The Cakewalk War. I've been an on-line reader and a one-time print-subscriber and only now learn of The American Conservative's raison d'être.

Labels: , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share


Blogger Mark in Spokane said...

I thought this was common knowledge...

10:06 AM  
Blogger The Western Confucian said...

It took the Iraq War to make me realize I was a paleocon.

I watched Buchanan in high school in the '80s, but became a socially conservative leftist in college, probably the only voter in America to split my vote between the Right to Life and Worker's World Parties in '88. From '93 on I was outside of America, and gave up on politics for the most part.

As I drifted toward Catholicism, converting in '02, I grew more conservative. 9/11 had me drifting toward neoconnerie, but with the Iraq War I really started getting interested in politics again.

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Omnes Sancti et Sanctæ Coreæ, orate pro nobis.