Thursday, August 5, 2010

Name That President

"A seventh-grader and her 80-year-old grandfather are allegedly the first people to discover" this interesting tidbit — US President Barack Obama related to all US presidents but one. The president in question was a fellow New Yorker, the first born an American citizen, i.e. after 1776, the first of non-British Isles descent (and with whom I share a common ancestral homeland), the only one thus far for whom English was a second language, and the subject of a research paper I wrote in grammar school.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share


Anonymous Kyle said...

Van Buren, no? I did my presidents report on him many many years ago in elementary school and remeber him as the first president as an American citizen.
I imagine the reason he's not related to Mr. Obama is the fact that he's Dutch.

2:03 AM  
Blogger The Western Confucian said...

Right you are. I guess Van Buren and Barack Soetero are in-laws of some soirt via Indonesia.

2:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Omnes Sancti et Sanctæ Coreæ, orate pro nobis.