Thursday, July 15, 2010

Kirkian Wisdom, Captain Not Russell

    One of my favorite moments in Star Trek [is] when Captain Kirk looks over the cosmos and says, "Somewhere out there someone is saying the three most beautiful words in any language." Of course your heart sinks and you think its going to be "I love you" or whatever. He says, "Please help me." What a philosophically fantastic idea, that vulnerability and need is a beautiful thing
Thus spake British actor and comedian Hugh Laurie, quoted on Ordered Liberty, a blog "inspired by Edmund Burke, Alexander Hamilton and Russell Kirk" — Thought for the day.

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share


Blogger Mark in Spokane said...

Thanks for the link! I haven't been posting much lately, something I will explain in more detail soon on my blog. Prayers would be much appreciated though!

Thanks again!

7:08 AM  
Blogger The Western Confucian said...


6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Omnes Sancti et Sanctæ Coreæ, orate pro nobis.