Monday, June 21, 2010

El Cid, the Mayans, and the Shrinking Sun

The League of the Scarlet Pimpernel has an interesting post referencing yours truly — God will not allow it.... Like the author, "I am not a die-hard advocate of the 2012 scare[;] I think there is plenty on the world to be afraid of without relying on an old Mayan calendar..." Also, "If there is any truth to what the Mayans believed, then I think were ought to see more signs of it before then - if that is in any way related to solar activity. If is is all bunk, well I think we will figure that out too in short order."

Labels: , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Anonymous Steven P. Cornett said...

Like I tell others when I see this 2012 nonsense, I'm looking forward to January 1st 2013, when even the New Agers wake up and find they're still alive and the world is still here.

7:54 PM  
Blogger The Sanity Inspector said...

I've enjoyed those cartoons you can see here and there, showing the Mayan calendar stopping at 2012 only because the sculptor had no more space on the wheel to chisel more dates.

9:29 PM  
Blogger The Western Confucian said...

Mr. Cornett, I'm reminded of the "Harmonic Convergence" back in '89, if I'm not mistaken.

Inspector, there was a funny story a while back about a Mayan elder on a visit to England who got fed up with everyone asking him about 2012.

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Omnes Sancti et Sanctæ Coreæ, orate pro nobis.