Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Another Comment About Comments

About a month ago, I mentioned the reasons that from now on I "will be using Blogger.com's own service" — A Comment About Comments.

Last night, this blog's comboxes were attacked by spambots. Deleting one or two spam messages a day is no trouble, but when they start coming in by the minute, action needs to be taken. In an attempt to fix that, it appears that I required commenters to register, something I always hate. I want to make it as easy as possible for people to comment, so the registration step has been scrapped, and added instead is one of those annoying "word verification" steps. Sorry for the headaches.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

more comment needed

8:12 PM  
Blogger Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

I find it quite ironic that the first comment on this thread seems to be spam as well!

I'd also like to put in a word for word verification. =) It's always fun for me to run into strangely apt

A few days ago, when I left a comment on a Protestant lady's 'blog, responding to her charge that the Catholic Church basically made everything up, the "word" for verification was "damprot"! =P

How cheering to know that the Internet agreed with me! ;)

(Yes, it was totally random and could just as easily have been "failcath" or something, but I thought it was cute.)

Unfortunately, my "word" for this post isn't one of those nice coincidences: "medsmshe."

1:20 AM  
Anonymous ben said...

Thank you for not requiring registration.

5:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Omnes Sancti et Sanctæ Coreæ, orate pro nobis.