Wednesday, September 30, 2009

My Retellings for Korean Learners of English


The publisher first asked me to retell a book by André Gide that had been on the Index Librorum Prohibitorum (lamentably abolished in 1966), so I refused, of course. I was instead given the four books above, which I think serve as good introductions to our American and Western civilizations: Fifty Famous Stories Retold, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer‎, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn‎, and The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin‎.

Gabriel García Márquez once said that the English translation of his One Hundred Years of Solitude was better than his Spanish language original; modesty prevents me from saying the same of my retellings, but they ain't bad.

Labels: , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

Anonymous ireland seo agency said...

This is a great reading. Thanks for sharing this information. We have few readers who would like to read this stuff. We will pass it on to our readers for more feedback. We are dealing with seo firms and would like to get feedback from you too. This is a nice postings indeed. Thanking You. seo ireland

4:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Omnes Sancti et Sanctæ Coreæ, orate pro nobis.