Friday, April 13, 2007

Archduke Franz Joseph Otto Robert Maria Anton Karl Max Heinrich Sixtus Xaver Felix Renatus Ludwig Gaetan Pius Ignatius of Austria

His Most Apostolic Majesty awaits his throne: Habsburg reloaded? Immigrants set to swell Vienna. The immigrants in question come from Catholic and Orthodox Eastern Europe, not Muslim lands. Who better to lead such a realm than the son of Blessed Charles of Austria, His Most Apostolic Majesty Otto von Habsburg?

The hand of His Most Apostolic Majesty penned this most brilliant and important treatise, Monarchy vs. Republic, which might be summed up by this quote of His Most Apostolic Majesty's that I used to bolster An Incomplete and Entirely Unoriginal Political Observation of mine a couple years ago:
    I am often asked if I am a republican or a monarchist. I am neither, I am a legitimist: I am for legitimate government. You could never have a monarchy in Switzerland, and it would be asinine to imagine Spain as a republic.
It is equally asinine to imagine the American Republic as a monarchy, even moreso as the empire it has become in recent years, but I can hope for the restoration of one in Europe.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Omnes Sancti et Sanctæ Coreæ, orate pro nobis.